"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, February 16, 2015

Mpangalitra (thieves) and beach soccer



Ahoana Tompoko!

This week in Tamatave was a bit rough but in all it went well.

We taught Erik again and just read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon which is all about Lehi's call, his vision, leaving Jerusalem, in an effort to ensure that he has read a bit and understands what is going. The reason is when you know nothing about the church or the Book of Mormon it can be very confusing or strange when you read for the first time. When we suggested that we read he got an excited look on his face and just wanted to keep reading a we went along. He just seems like he enjoys learning and we enjoy learning with him.

We are also teaching a young man named Victor for about the last two weeks and he is just amazing. Yesterday as I was talking to him at church he just pretty much just said to me " so when are we going to talk about baptism". I of course was a bit stunned and I said "you want to be baptized?" and he tells me yea like" duh of course I do, why wouldn't I?" So our next lesson with him will be on baptism and figureing out stuff like that. So strange yet at the same time so good and special, it was awesome.

On Saturday we were went to a soccer activity, we were told that there would be investigators and such and it was very fun. We did beach soccer, opened and closed with a prayer, had some drinks, it was like a regular activity back in America. Also Elder Anderson was almost robbed while on our way to the activity. We decided to take a pus to the activity so we are just going along minding our own business when the pus driver begins tapping Elder Anderson and I thought he was just telling him to pull his arms more into the pus. But I look behind us and there are three young men running behind us which is nothing weird hered, people are running every where. But the pus slowed down a bit and suddenly those guys are up by Elder Anderson, trying to grab his bag/ open it to grab his stuff. That lasted only for a few seconds before they were off down a side street because thieves are not looked kindly on here. But they got nothing, we are good, and had a great time at the activity.

I think that is it for this week, I love working here so much the people are just so amazing and I love working with them. Until next week,

-Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment