"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, November 23, 2015

(no subject)

Hi everyone, wow it is another week, this last one just went so fast

Tuesday was way good, we got were able to meet with a newish family named Haja (the wife) and Mamy (the husband) and they are both very coom and I feel prepared people. Mamy apparently  hasn't been to any kind of church for about 5 years and he had a lot of questions for us. We were also able to visit Rivi and Ivonne again and they are just so good to teach. Most of the time it is just the wife that is interested to learn while her husband just sits there but both of them are very attentive and remember a large amounts of what we teach.

On Wednesday we were able to take one of our recent converts, Bruno, to come help us meet with a less active named Lanto and her neighbors who wanted to learn as well. We spoke and discussed the first lesson; The Restoration, with a great focus on the family. Also notice how I said spoke, something that took me a bit to grasp on my mission is that people learn best in a conversation instead of just sitting and listening to a giant white american rant for about 30 minutes. Bruno did a great job and has such a powerful testimony of the gospel.

We were also able to meet with a new family called Valerie and Vonjy. We have really only met with them twice yet I believe that they understand what we teach and enjoy meeting with us. We left them with a commitment to begin praying to know if what we teach could really help them and their family.

Probably the best thing that happened on Thursday was our lesson with Claude and his family. We had a great lesson about the Book of Mormon; we didn't really teach the story like we normally would but focused instead on why we need to read and ponder this great book of scripture. I truly believe that they felt the spirit and they all promised to read and pray.

So I am going to skip a few days, not that I don't like them but not much really happened on them so on Saturday even we finish our last lesson and head home to charge our phone and get trasfer news (we needed to charge our phone as the power was out for a bit so it did obviously). So we talked with President Foote and we are getting changed. I am staying here and I am getting a daughter/ I am moming which means that I will be working with an elder that just finished getting trained. His named is Elder Sweeten and Elder Kelsch from my group just finished training him, I think that we are just going to have a blast!

Finally Sunday we had a great day, we were able to attend a region conference for South Africa and ended up being able to teach all day, days like that are just amazing and make it worth being on a mission.

That is about it, sorry that is a bit short but I only have a little time left so that will have to do, have a great week everyone!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment