"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Day 2

We received a snail mail letter today from Elder Nelson.  I've typed it in here.  His next letters should be via email.

Dear Mom & Dad and everyone else,

Wow these last two days have been crazy!  The first day I met my companion, Elder Liao from Minnesota and I have to say that he is just awesome, he's a bit quiet but he is smart and very spiritual.  We had a devotional, dinner (Tanner is right this place will make you fat) and met our zone leaders who showed us around.  Guess what happened?! Jacob and Justin are in my same residence building!  The chances of that happening are very small but it is just so cool.

Today (the 21st B.T.W.) we spent most of out time in class attempting to learn Malagasy but it will take some time but I am excited for it to come.  We have spent most of our time in our classroom which can sometimes be annoying but the elders that I am with are great and fun to be with.  Here are some Malagasy words raiko (father), reny (mother) and Andriamanitra (God).  That should be it right now.  I have P-days on Thursday except for today so no emails for a bit but thats just how it is.  Love you all and I am thinking about you all.

Elder Spencer G. Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment