"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

First MTC Email

It's so wierd that I am emailing from the MTC. After I was dropped off I went almost immidiatly to my language class where the teacher would not speak English, met my companion his name is Elder Liao, and had a zone meeting with my zone leaders. Our days have been mostly get up, got to breakfast, have class, go to lunch, back to class, dinner, more class, and throw 50 minutes of gym time some where in that order; its really hard but it is also really fun and looking back the days go by really fast.

Today is my first pday (its Thursday if you didn't get that) and it began with getting up at 6 and getting to the temple by 7 for a session, after the session we went to for breakfast in the temple cafeteria which is a thousand times better than the MTC food (the MTC food does wierd things to your bowels) Jerimiah 4:20-21 is sorta the over all theme of the food.

On Tuesdays and Saturdays we have this sort of district soccer game during gym time, Tuesdays in the morning and Saturdays around 5 to 6 in the evening after dinner.

The second day of class we started teaching an investigator named Rakoto Jean, which was a bit intimidating since we couldn't really understand him so because of that we just recited a lesson to him. but as the days have gone on and the more we have learned, taught, and prayed about what to teach we eventually got better and could sorta understand him. Elder Liao can understand Rakoto better than me but I can speak and read better than him so it balances a bit.On Tuesday I believe it was we got Rakoto to sorta say yes to baptism and coming to church (he said sure to it) but when we challenged him to come to church he gave the excuse that he played soccer on Sunday. But luckily for us the section for keeping the Sabbath Day Holy was right after the section on baptism so I could quickly show him that we keep the Sabbath holy and he understood and accepted it.

I think my favorite part of the MTC are the Sunday and Tuesday devotionals, they are just so good and spiritual. Also on Sunday evenings there are church films that we can watch and the one we watched was Elder Bednars devotional on the Character of Christ, I suggest that you all watch it. I think that is all, I have about 20 or 30 minutes of computer time left today so I could send more if i remember anything, hope you all are having a great time,

-Elder Nelson

p.s. Mom put on my facebook that I would appriciate emails and letter from everyone, it makes a big difference and is fun when i get something, and sorry for no pictures the drop box isn't working on this computer and I need an SD card reader which I need to buy so probably next week I will have stuff

Side Note: As a fun little turn of events today, Joseph and Steven saw Elder Nelson while they were on their way home from school. Their bus was stopped at the light in front of the MTC and Elder Nelson had just crossed the street on his way to play at the field there. He saw their bus and waved and they waved back. One of the other boys on the bus yelled "Hi Spencer!" out the window and he responded in kind. That means I just missed seeing him because I came home from the temple right behind their bus. I didn't drive across the front of the field, though, so didn't see him. It's not very many people that are closer to home when they are at the MTC than they are when they are at school. Nor that they can see their old school bus twice a day if they are outside or looking out the window at the right moment. Just one of those funny Provo anomalies!

No comments:

Post a Comment