"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Haro!

Hello everyone!

It has been a long and yet short week here at the MTC, our schedule is about the same almost everyday so it can get a bit slow on some days. Lets see this week has been a bit eventful, I almost don't know where to begin.


Sorry I accidentally sent that email when I wasn't done, so lets begin.
On Sunday Elder Liao and I were given the assignment of being zone leaders which is if you don't know the responsibility to look after all the districts in the zone and report on how they are doing to the Branch President, which is a pretty big responsibility as we have only been here for two whole weeks but the Lord knows what he is doing so we will go forward trusting in Him and doing our best. We have been teaching our investigator Rakoto for a bit know and just this week we got him to commit to be baptized in two weeks, that lesson was so good and you could feel the spirit in the room it was just amazing.

We are now teaching a new investigator named Adore, we don't know much about him right now but we know he has questions on Joseph Smith so that is what we will be teaching him. Today in the evening we will be starting TRC I am not sure what it is, sorta like a quick lesson with members who speak the language, so I will write next week with how it goes. Last Tuesday I sang in the MTC choir for the General Authority devotional, it was so cool and the message was just great, Don Clarke of the Seventy spoke.

Well its happened, the fear of all missionaries in the MTC... I hurt myself during gym (face palm). I was playing basketball and I jumped for the rebound and when I landed I landed on my left foot wrong so I slightly sprained it, and I didn't even get the rebound. The good news though is that it is feeling much better today than yesterday. Also on Sunday (sorry that I am jumping around, just writing as I think of them) my district watched the Testiments movie, Ryan Steven and Joseph you shouyld know what it is "it was my kill, I beat you to the kill" ya that one. The cool thing is though is that in that movie they use some malagasy in it. Its just a tiny bit but its in there.

Random fact, did you know the word aapa in Indonesian means what and aang means the last? So in Avatar when the call Aapa in Indonesian they are saying what and Aang's name actually means the last just a cool and interesting piece of knowledge that I learned ( there are some elders going to Indonesia btw).

I think that is it, mom the name of Elder Bednar's thing is Character of Christ sorry I can't tell you more. Thank you everyone that has sent me letters and emails, they are always great to read and end the day with something fun, mail on a mission is always fun. You all are great! Steven here is some Malagsy for you, Fantatro fa marina i Bokin'i Mormona (I know the Book of Mormon is true) Fantatro fa mpaminany marina i Thomas S. Monson ( I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet) Andriamantra zanaka isika ( we are God's children). How did you like that eh? This place while hard is great and builds a testimony faster than almost anything else. Have a great week everyone and I will write you next week,

Elder Spencer Gregory Nelson

Also add this in- a scripture for this week is Matthew 6:33, we used it in our lesson with Rakoto when he commited, its a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment