"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week and a Half Left! Yea!

Hi everyone!

This week has been very good, we have seen large amounts of growth in everyone, we got a new teacher, and got to listen to an apostle in person.

Our ability to speak the language has grown immensely, it is no where to perfect, I still have a hard time understanding what I am reading and I can't understand what people are saying very well but with Elder Liao's help we can manage.

We have received a new teacher when one of our old ones went to India to teach English ( I think his name is Brother Aldous) but this new teacher is extremely good, funny, and can teach very well. His name is Brother Burton, he went to Madagascar about 4 years ago I think, when he speaks malagasy I can barely catch a few words, he is probably better at speaking than even the natives. He has a lot of very good stories varying from funny and silly to very spiritual, its unfortunate that we are only have him for our last two weeks. Since he came in part way through he sorta jumps around and reviews a lot of the stuff we have learned which is helping so much. Our teachers have told us that we have the basic sentence structures down and the only thing that is holding us back is our vocabulary and ability to comprehend.

I have mentioned before that Tuesdays we have devotionals in the evening well this last Tuesday we had our first General Authority come, Elder Richard G. Scott. It was so amazing so see him in person and to hear him speak, his topic was on prayer and I am stupid right now but I don't have my notes with me right now but I will send them at some point.

Okay, now to answer questions. First church here at the MTC is pretty much the same except for classes, we have an hour of sacrament and an hour of priesthood meeting but they aren't consecutive. During sacrament meeting no one is assigned to speak before hand, everyone has a topic to prepare a short 5 minute talk on and the branch presidency will stand up and call on two people right then so you had better have something ready.

I think that is it, if I remember anything I will send it and fun fact for everyone, when we come into the MTC in our little pacts that we get there is a little card saying that we are authorized preachers and encouraging people to listen to us and on the card it shows the time period where we are authorized to preach so ours say August 20, 2014 to August 3, 2016 so if you were wondering about when i will be released there you go.

You all are in my thoughts and prays and I hope the best for all of you. A scripture hmmm I have been reading of Ammon, his brothers, and their efforts among the Lamanites. They are great examples of strength and faith in the Lord. Love you all, see you all eventually

-Elder Spencer Nelson

p.s. We should be getting our travel plans today or tomorrow, if we get them I should be leaving on Monday the 29, just one more full week to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment