"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, October 20, 2014

Ankandidramamy

Hello everyone!

This has been a crazy week. Just a quick thing before I get going, thank you mom and dad for having me do chores and all those things like getting up at six and having me cook my own food ect. It has really prepared me for life here, its not even hard getting up because I have already been used to it so thank you again. Joseph, Steven, and Ryan don't complain about this stuff you will eventually see.

Now what have I been doing this week? Basically we have been working and studying. My abilities with the language have been gradually improving, I am catching more and more words so I can understand a bit more. Yesterday we taught new investigators named Surveyand his wife and they are so awesome, just really receptive to our message and asking all of the right questions. Elder Webb had me teach on prophets and I thought that I struggled but Elder Webb sayed that I did very well so we will see. Our second appointment yesterday was with this family that we found two weeks ago except yesterday it was only the women of the family that were there and we can't teach without an adult male present. So to fix that we went upstairs where there dada be (grandpa) lives and apparently the entire time his is saying something along the lines of "do a crazy miracle! Heal me and my sick wife". This is probably the oldest guy I have ever seen and obviously we can't do a "crazy miracle" so his family told him (just to mess with him) that we were going to pray and a plane was going to come and take his wife and them away to France but he couldn't come because he was a guy and they were girls yep thats malagasies for you. As we left the lesson a storm was coming and as we were walking we both stopped to get dust out of our eyes and suddenly a heavy wooden window door fell off in the wind and landed on Elder Webbs head. Don't worry he is perfectly fine, it was just weird.

On Saturday we played soccer with our branch against the other missionaries in our house and their branch. We lost 4-1 but it was still really fun and good to get a bit of exercise. Also I got a bit sun burned but its good now.

Mom on your question for that lady. I think you sent me with everything I needed, it was nice to bring some American food in my checked bags, on the topic of fleas I would say just resign yourself to the fact that you will have them, every missionary does. Nothing happens during the day but when you wake up in the morning you find little red dots on random places (usually arms and legs) but last night I I tried some deet bug spray while I slept and I think it helped. They also have permethrine at the mission office that you can treat your clothes with but I havent tried that yet.

I think that is about it, we are going to have General Conference this weekend so everyone is excited for that. The weather here actualy isn't that bad, it's warm but not bad. It has been great here and to work everyday, I am just loving it.

-Elder Nelson

ps- Mom could you send me the recipes for various cookis, congo bars, brownies, and other meal type dinners, not that I am saying cookies are dinner. Also could you tell me how much I have on my account. Lastly I don't really have many ideas for a package, food of some kind is always good and I have been wanting a good pair of brown shoes (and socks) those would be good. Except for that I don't have many preferences, I will be glad for just about anything.

Elder Nelson's Mom here- He sent pictures today via Dropbox,, so there are no captions.  We never could fix his pictures from last week.







No comments:

Post a Comment