"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, October 13, 2014

News from Ankangamamy (I think thats how its spelled)

Salama!

This week has been amazing! We have been working very hard down here in Madagascar, the people here are just so awesome. Finally after a week of tracting we have begun having our schedules full of lessons and appointments with members and investigators. We have found many cool people they are Toky and his mom, Fabrice with his family, Joshua with his family of seven, a student named Lanza, and an older man named Randimby. All of these people are just so cool. We take a stat here called FLF (father led families) which halps us focus on families that will have a priesthood holder in the home, we focus on those people.

So far I have not had much malagasy food. We basically live off cheap stuff fro, ShopRitre and the epiceries (small corner market types stores that are everywhere). Basically what I have eaten is yogurt for breakfast and noodles with tomato sauce for lunch and dinner, yea. With that I usually have some delicious pineapple fanta or a different soda that my companion recommends. There is this soda called bonbon anglais which tastes like bubble gum, its not that bad but Elder Webb says if you drink it for a while that then it will taste like lemonade so we will see. But this week I made a small miscalculation on the amount of food I would need, so thank you mom and dad for sending those nuts they were my dinner last night. But don't worry we are shopping today and getting plenty of food, food with vegatables and meat gah I can hardly wait! Also when we cook rice it's in a rice cooker, not the stove, sorry mom.

My malagasy has been improving slowly but surely and it's good to see that. Elder Webb has been very good about letting me "teach" a section in almost every lesson and bear my testimony at the end. I have found it very discouraging when at the end off a lesson and you have tried your best that the investigator says, as you are leaving,"mila mianatra tany gasy ianao" which mpeans you need to learn malagasy. Even members say it and it just puts you down. But I am trying and working hard and that is all that counts.

One other thing, every child in this country calls you a vazaha which means tourist but in context its like "stupid white french guy" literally every person here thinks every white person is french. But sometimes when you respond to their "bonjeur" with malagasy they freak out a bit like " oh frick he speaks malagasy". Other times we like to mess with them by responding in french, just depends on our mood.

The work has been good and I am enjoying every bit of it. Glad to hear from everyone and I wish you all the best of luck back home. Hopefully I can get some pictures out, we will see.

-Elder Nelson

I tried to get pictures sent out but I think they got corupted, I will try to get more next week. The ones there are of our house, hope you can see them.

-Elder Nelson



Elder Nelson did send 5 pictures- 2 were fine, 1 came with the top half only, and 2 were totally corrupted.  We are working to get the corrupted ones fixed and will post them here if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment