"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Well Merry Christmas everyone (yes I know it is a few days late) but this week has been super fun lets say, the highlight would have to be 1. Skyping family and 2. Eating some weird fish eel stuff for Christmas dinner at a recent converts house

On Monday we had our basic stuff, emailing and such but when we were in a lesson with a recent convert (the same one where we ate for Christmas) we got a call from our zone leader that there were riots going on because the power company was doing rotating blackouts to conserve power and apparently alot of people didn't like that so we had to take ddda back way to get to our house because the riots were on the road that we usually took home, so that was fun.Eventually the police came a broke it up, we had gotten home fine, and we have had consistent power ever since.

Tuesday we taught one lesson with an investigator who's name I cannot remember right now because I forgot my planner and I have only known these people for a week but the reason that we only had one lesson was of the riots the previous night and we needed to be home early in case they continued but they didn't at least not in our area.

Wednesday we taught Tom with his friend who is a member. I really enjoy teaching Tom because he is quiet and listens to what we say but I have a very hard time knowing if he really understands because his member friend is constantly answering for him and accepting commitments for him, so we will see where how that goes in the future. We usually teach a Preach My Gospel class in the evening but no one showed up so we went to a members house whose daughter is a recent convert. It was a good message,I invited them to do the things that Christ would do this season, sang some songs randomly, and they then invited us to dinner which was really good.

Thursday was Christmas day and we had a combined district meeting so everyone in the zone was there and we all went out to lunch afterwards. Since it was Christmas no one wanted to learn so we spent some time street contacting but after about the 4th or 5th super drunk guy coming up to us wanting to get mad at us, mumble stuff we couldn't heart, or just stare at us(Christmas for the the majority of people is just an excuse to become super wasted drunk). Christmas was not very productive.

Friday I got Skype my family!!! It was great and everyone is doing well, I had an awesome time seeing every member of my family and hearing their voices it was a blast. We also like I said before we had dinner at a recent converts house for some eel fish thing which accutaully tasted fine, it was quite good.

Saturday I was feeling a bit sick so we didn't go to english but I was feeling well enough to go out and work later so we visited a recent convert and his father, I shared the scripture in 3 Nephi chapter 24 I think about tithing. Elder Anderson then took me to an area calle Depot which is a bit out of the way so we only go there once a week but we taught this very cool family about Joseph Smith and as we were walking away both Elder Anderson and I turned to each other and Elder Anderson said "I actually felt like a missionary in that lesson" and I completely agreed with him because I felt that way to. There is a difference of being on a mission and actually feeling like a missionary, that lesson was just so good and the Spirit could be felt it was amazing. When we got back to our normal working area this random guy and his friend asked to come teach them and obviously we were not going to pass up and opportunity like that so they took us to their house and we taught them through Joseph Smith.

Sunday we had church and three lessons the first with a woman named Floritte and she is doing well, one with and investigator named Vallery who has been learning for a while and still progressing while the other lesson with an investigator named Kevin who is nine and being baptized this Saturday. On Sunday night all of the missionaries eat at the District Presidents house for dinner so that is what we did, very good chicken on rice with some diced tomatoes.

That is about it for this week, that you all for your thoughts and prayersfor me, I love you all and will keep working my best, you all are awesome,

-Elder Nelson

A river in our area with homes next to it




Pictures of Depot which is right on the beach, it was so cool
There are some pictures of Elder Anderson and, of course, a selfie of me.








No comments:

Post a Comment