"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, April 20, 2015

So many splits!

Hey everyone, this is Elder Nelson again and as the title states we did a lot of splits this week.

The first one was with Elder Price who is currently working in Toamasina. To start off I just want to say that I love working with Elder Price, he is just the type of guy who stays completely focused on what really matters. For example we were teaching this lady about the Apostacy and Prophets and let me tell you this lady really knows her Bible. At the end Elder Price just stated what we believed, didn't try to prove anything, just bore testimony and taught by the Spirit. At the end she was focused and interested about what we said, especially about being able to hear and learn from the prophet in this up coming week or so.

My second split was with Elder Razafimandimby and boy that day was a hard one. Our ways of teaching are pretty different and as I am not yet fully fluent at Malagasy I had to focus very hard on what was being taught. He likes to state and to tell the lessons to people (which is pretty much the only form of preaching that Malagasies know aside from the ours) while I have been trying to teach people more by using questions and getting the investigator to think about what we are triing to teach them. We taught Gabriel (one of our progressing investigators) and encouraged him as he has been trying to get off coffee.

The last split that I had was with my Zone Leader Elder Bowler. Elder Bowler has about three months left on his mission and is probably one of the best masters of Malagasy and teacher that we have. We needed to do some contacting near the beginning of our time but it was super good because I learned so many new things from him, for example how to teach people for the first time.

That is about it for this week, I know that we all have a work to do and right know I am loving it all, see you all next week,


Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment