"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, September 7, 2015

Here we are in Ambohipo and I love it!

Hi again from Mada! Man this week has just been crazy and different but just as great.

Monday was my last day of work in Ampefiloha with Elder Tshuma. It was a bit sad but we had a great time, ending with a little soriee with some members. It was even better because we talked and taught a short lesson to the members brother, hopefully something comes of it! Then that night we went through our Area Book one last time to make sure that it was all in order.

Tuesday I managed to get a split authorized so the elders that were leaving Ambohipo (Elder McCrary and Elder Te'e) could show me around and have me meet the investigators that were progressing, which was accomplished and it has been going great. There are some amazingly cool people here in Ambohipo and I just look forward to meeting with them all.

That night I also got my new companion, Elder Pinson and he is such a baller. Elder Pinson is probably the hardest worker I have ever seen and is just amazing at the language, there are so many things that I could learn from him. He is from south Carolina, loves sports, is sort of a quiet guy, super smart, and showed me how to make grits so thumbs up for that.

Wednesday was our first day of work together and it was just really great. We have these two families that we teach that have learned everything but they are having problems getting legally married and that is really the only thing blocking them right now. They are named Haja and Sonia, and Alex and Nalia.

That morning we had put a lot of effort into preparing the lesson for Alex and Nalia and it just went so well, it was all clear and everyone had a great spiritually up lifting experience. That goes to show that we recieve success when we plan well.

Friday was a very interesting day as we did not have much of a program that day, so we decided to go through our Area Book that day, and what a great idea that was. That Area Book was such a mess, there were so many old and useless records in there, some as far back as 2000. Also I think that it had not been touched or had any additions/revitions made in it for at least 8 months, which pretty much makes life difficult. Elder Pinson would go through the book and I would call anyone that had a number. IN the end we got a giant pile of papers to get rid of and 4 people that we were able to contact and set up times with.

Probably my favorite investigator right now would be this guy named Hary Tiana. We met with him for the first time ever and it was one of the best lessons I have ever attended. Hary just asked so many great questions and accepted what we taught, and accepted to read the pamphlet that we gave him and after that to share it and teach it with his family. I am looking forward to seeing him again this week.

Then Sunday. We attended Ward Council and it was such an amazing experience. Our bishop is full of drive, energy, and love for the gospel, and he just gets everyone going. Plus the rest of the ward council is amazing, I have been told that Ambohipo is one of the best wards in Madagascar, I am just looking forward to being here. Then during church I got my first every opportunity to translate and let me say that it was not easy. Since we attend church at the Mission Office the office couples have a choice of church meetings to attend. I was able to translate for the Rossiters and know that translating is not easy, it requires both an ability to speak and listen at the same time which is very difficult. But now I have a great opportunity to practice every week and it gives me something new to study for.

Then a little we hit a little bump; Elder Pinson got sick. Not deathly sick but he was just feeling so miserable that we got home he slept for most of the day. By the evening he was feeling good enough to go work which we did.

I think that is about it for this week, have a great week everyone!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment