"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, August 31, 2015

Filoha Foote is Adala Be with Transfers

(so apparently I can't type so the letter got sent twice before it was all of the way finished)

Hello everyone that reads this little blog letter thing here this week was good, weird, and anything else that would make it out of the ordinary.

Like the title says transfers were this week and Filoha (president) Foote just blew everything out of the water. From what I can tell like half of the mission is getting white washed (old elders leave and two new elders come into the area) and that is what I am doing. I will be white washing Ambohipo with and elder named Elder Pinson and what I have heard of him is just awesome, I think that we will have a great time together. Also Ampefiloha is getting white washed so new elders are coming in and Elder Tshuma is moving to Itaosy, I think that he will have a great time.

But here is how the rest of the week went,

Monday we had a little family home evening with our DMP aka Nambinana where Fr. Nambinana gave a great lesson on the 10 Commandments. After that we got some great food and conversation, so no complaints there.

Tuesday we had a lot of our times fall through so we spent a good amount of time contacting but we did have a good lesson with a less active named Lanto. We have been trying to get him to come back to church for quite a while but has not yet come but they are still happy to invite us into their home.

Really pretty much of our week was looking for people to teach and trying to get members to find referrals for us so our program is sorta empty right now, its a little sad that it is that way but that is just what happens sometimes.

But on Friday we actually had a really good lesson with Olivier. It was just him that day, Rosa was out shopping I believe, but we thought that we would just teach him any way. We had a plan of giving him and Rosa a baptismal date. As we brought up the subject he told us that he had already been baptized Catholic  which just led us into a giant discussion about the Restoration, authority, and the Apostasy. As we were having that discussion Olivier just sorta sat up straighter and I think for the first time in (I think) our entire time together he was actually listening and paying attention. At the end he did not take the baptismal date but said that he would think about it after he read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.

Then Saturday and Sunday were our out of the ordinary days as we had a Stake Conference, attended by a visiting 70 named Elder Cook, and the missionaries of the stake were invited to attend all of the sessions. We attended and were spiritually uplifted as we received talks about the importance of families and counsels. Then that Sunday night, in order to prepare for Zone Conference on Monday (today) we were moved to an other house that was very close to the church.

Funny thing is that when we got there the other missionaries were not home so Elder Tangarasi, from our house, climbs over the gate (crazy guy but I love him to bits) and opened the gate for us. Then that night I got a call from Elder Anderson (my old companion from Tamatave) and we chatted for a while. His area is being closed (which he is a little upset about) and he will be going to the office as an office elder so I will get to see him when ever I got to the office, so I am totally looking forward to that.

I think that is about it for this week, I will write more about the zone conference next week but I will say that it was amazing and spiritually uplifting. Have a great week everyone!

Elder Nelson

Elder Nelson's Mom here: The following pictures were sent to me by Elder Snell's mom.  He's the Elder in the front left (wearing a dark sweater) of the bottom picture.  So nice to see Elder Nelson since he didn't send any pictures this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment