"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Never let a drunk man cut hair

Hey everyone this week has been great, I seriously enjoyed it and a quick explanation about the title this week. Elder Tshuma and I went to get haircuts today and the first guy we went to was apparently very drunk and we didn't realize that in time. By the end he had done so much damage to Elder Tshumas hair that we had to take the rest of it off (Elder Tshuma even had me do part of it because he was so mad at that guy). So right now he is sitting next to me with a nice shiny dome. But luckily for me we were able to find a much better person to cut my hair so I am not yet bald.

But this how the rest of the week went,

Monday we went to the office, picked up some supplies, and went shopping. Then the power went out as we were finishing up our emails so that is why I was not able to send the weekly letter this last week, sorry!

Tuesday we were able meet with Ollivie and Rosa again. They are such a nice family and I really enjoy teaching them. We had a good lesson on the Apostacy and asked how Ollivie was doing with the Word of Wisdom. We could tell that he was a bit uncomfortable but it is ok (this is Elder Nelsons opinion) that right now he is still drinking and smoking as long as he is trying and following the advice that we give them.

Wednesday we had a great time with Joseph and his familly about baptism and enduring to the end. Also one thing that we learned during that meeting is that Joseph was able to get better work (being a guard for the new church in Manakambahiny) by talking with the bishop who was able to find him that job, we were so happy that he was able to recieve that blessing.

Friday I got to have an awesome split with our zone leaders; Elder Delbar and Elder Lehr. I got to work with Elder Lehr in his area in Mahamasina and I just have to say that I really would love to work in Mahamasina, it is such an amzing area, you work on a giant mountain all day, its great!

Sunday we managed to have an awesome day of meeting with people that we were not able to catch through out the week, one of which is Roland. He is a referal from a member and just doing really well. He learns a bit slow but he has come to church almost every week and loves to learn.

I think that is about it for this week and sorry everyone that this is late, the power went out again (something about the power company workers going on strike or something) as we were writing so we got permission to quickly finish up. Have a great week everyone and see you all later.

Elder Nelson


Some of our English students 


a bus from the Winners Chapel but we claim it


Joseph and his family


Zone Meeting- Zones Leaders Elder Delbar and Elder Lehr



Elder Evans!



More pictures from our zone meeting


English

Elder Ralaivao shooting someone


Elder Tshuma talking with one of our students




Pictures of Mahamasina from my split



Soccer field in Mahamasina


Just finished translating a PMG survey for Elder Ralaivao and Elder Razafimandimby while they took it (took a while, you could say that my brain was a bit tired)


Aaannnnddd Harry Potter, right after teaching Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment