"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, December 7, 2015

Longest bike ride and Baptisimal Interviews

Here is our week, it was great and a blast, enjoy!

Monday we sorta goofed around and wet to a lot of places so that Elder Sweeten can get a good welcome from Antsirabe. Then that evening we tried to catch our times but unfortunetely all of our normal times couldn't so in the end we ended up visiting a member family, giving them strength and encouragment.

Tuesday morning we played basketball as a zone which was way fun and we all had a great time. After we got home I started to feel a bit off, like I was getting sick but I thought I was just tired from basketball so we still went out and I am so glad that we did. Our first time was with a referal that some members had given us named Ramarolahy or Lila for a nickname. Apparently Ramarolahy learned with the missionaries years ago but nothing really came of it. But he tells us that inbetween the time that he hadn't learned he had still been reading the Book of Mormon and was trying to find a place to worship. You could say that we were very astonished at this and maybe a bit afraid that we might blow this potential golden investigator. Fortunetally we stay calm and I am pretty sure that we had some spiritual guidance during that as the lesson went rather well.

Thursday we met with David and Gertrude again which is always great as they love to listen. We reviewed a bit about the Apostacy and Priesthood and then we began teaching about the Joseph Smith Story. One piece of advice from my brother in law Tanner who said "The bigger the section in Preach my Gospel the longer you spend teaching about it". So we focused very hard on the the story and what it means; 1. Joseph had a question, on where the true church of Christ was 2. He studied and used all of the resources about him to try to answer that question, he searched 3. After he studied he applied what he learned from the scriptures (James 1:5) and after that he got his answer. We then linked that to the Restoration of the Priesthood keys for if Joseph had not recieved those keys he could not have possibly restored anything.

We felt that for the most part that David and Gertrude understood what we were tellng them for the most part. But they may still worry as the story is strange and new but we promised them that if they truly went to God and truly asked in faith then they would know for themselves if what we were telling them was true.

Saturday I went on a split with Elder Iata in Mahazoarivo as they needed some baptisimal interviews done. They had told me that it was just way out in Ambanivohitra but when we got there it took an hour by bike to get there . We get there and I manage to finish one interview but we needed to leave as it was getting very dark. We go and ohhh it was so sketchy; it had been raining, all the roads were slick with mud, and there were no light, period. So we are just slidding every where and I was literally praying so hard that we would not get stuck or anything like that because we were still very far out. Eventually we get back to the main city and boy I was so happy to see an actual road. We get home and we reviewed the day and I told the elders that I really did not want them working out that far as so many things could happy that far out.

Then that SUnday I finished the interviews and the two young adult children passed but unfortunetely I would prefer that the parents wait a bit longer as there were some things that they needed to still work on.

That was pretty much the week, I am so sorry everyone but I am just about out of time but thank you all for the letters that you sent and I look forward to hearing from all of you again, Merry Christmas (haha it is that time of year again!)
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment