"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, December 28, 2015

Late Birthday news and a great Christmas!

Hi everyone, sorry that I wasn't able to get an email out last week, we had a lot of stuff to do so it wasn't like "tafa" but I am getting one out this week so here we go!

Probably the biggest thing from last week would be the suprise that Elder Sweeten did for me on my birthday. We stop by a members house after work as the wanted us to stop by really fast. We get there and surprisingly the husband was home so we were able to go right inside. We start talking/ chatting while the wife (it was Lolona by the way) got up to do something on the other side of the room. As we were talking I either hear or see something so I turn my head and I get a great big handful of flour right in my face followed my an egg soon after. Apparently Elder Sweeten had set up that visit while on a split earlier that week. It was a big suprise and it was way good.

So I am going to have to shorten this letter and focus on only a few of our investigators. First Rivo and Ivonne's family are doing great; we are now in the middle of learning about the "Gospel of Jesus Christ". This falily is just so great to teach, we can literally see them growing. This past Sunday their entire family came to church except for Rivo, he says that he is still thinking about it and also about baptism. We know that he can find an answer and as soon as it comes he can literally lead his family to progress to baptism and beyond, they are all waiting for him, we are hoping that he may recive a witness soon.

The final family  would be Claude and Haingo's family. We have been teaching them for a rather long time and none had ever come to church and we had to start thinking about dropping them which we did not want to do. We end up giving them a "drop talk"; reminding them of our purpose and if they were not willing to progress we would eventually not be able to come back. We stop by on another time and Claude straight up told us that he was comoing to church which suprised us a bit and we hoped that it would be true but the past didn't make me that hopeful.

This past Sunday we are talking with some members at church, waiting for the meeting to start and up pulls a white scooter, it enters the gate and stops right in front of us. I look at the driver, a bit confused, but it was Claude with one of his daughters! I was so stunned that he actually came but then me and Elder Sweeten got so excited, we did a little victory dance.

Then finally it was Christmas and that means... Skype call! It was great to talk with my family and it is a bit weird to think that it was my last Christmas on mission, such a weird thought.

I think that is about what I have time. Elder Sweeten and I are just having a great time here and our area is going great, I can't wait to see what will happen as we come into this new year! Have a great week everyone and Happy New Years!

Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment