"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, January 4, 2016

Tratran'ny Taona Vaovao! Samy tratra ny ho avy indray!

Hey everyone! We had a great New Years, there actually were not any problems with parties, and my actual full year in Mada is now over.

So I am just going to go right to Wednesday where I didn't even work in my area! I went on a great split with Mahazoarivo with my good buddy Elder Tangarasi and we just had a great time. I got to meet some awesome people in his area andjust got SOAKed when a giant rain storm just came out of no where, literally all of the roads turned to rivers, it was way fun.

Then as the next day (Thursday) just happened to be Elder Sweetens birthday and because he had gotten me so good on mine I put some evil designs to work. Just before we left on the split I grabbed the phone number of a member that we would be visiting for our last appointment on Thursday. I call while on the split and get everything set up for the big day.

The split ends, had a great district meeting and went to work.We stopped by a members house to share a spiritual thought and strengthening them in general, caught a few other times and went to the evening soiree. Really we were there to teach a young man named Yan(?) and the lesson went very very well. As we were ending some 10-15 young single adults come in carrying music equipment, they were going to throw a big new years party. Because of that Elder Sweeten got very distracted talking to everyone which allowed me to get everything ready for the birthday suprise.

I have the eggs, a member has the flour while another takes the video, everything is good and I just get Sweeten so good, he just got hit so hard! Then that was quickly followed by a ton of flour, it literally turned his hair white, he became Jack Frost. Elder Sweeten loved it, he washed of a bit, and then we went home so he could take a shower.

Friday was the first day of the year and we were so tired, Elder Sweeten got up to bang stuff and we talked for a while so lets say we were tired but still went out to work. Two member families had invited us over for New Years so we went to one where they insisted that we keep eating so we ate a good amount. We then go the other house and they insisted too that we just eat so by the time we left we were just so stuffed, twas great. Then for the rest of the day we were teaching, we some how managed to catch three less actives that day, we were way suprised but very glad and greatful at the same time.

Last thing would be from yesterday. We were teaching some new investigators, they had never learned before, and we were teaching as we normally would but it just was not going. I get the idea that was something like this "tell them what they are" so I change how we were going at it and just stress on how important they were to God because they were his children. I asked them "why did God send Jesus here on earth?" , they say "to save us" ok, but why, why not to save pigs or the birds, why did he come to save us? Because we are Gods children, that is why. I had never really hit that subject so hard but it really changed the mood of the lesson, I feel that those investigators got so much more out of it. Now I am not going to give a big general comittment or anything like that, I just want to say that I know that we all are children of God and that Jesus came to save us, not pigs, or birds, but all of us.

That is about it, have a great week everyone, lets get the new year off to a good start,
Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment