"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, January 25, 2016

(no title)

Heeeeeeyy! It's me again! This week has just been great, we had a great time; lots of teaching, working with amazing missionaries (splits!), and just teaching wonderful people.

On Monday we had a little different program with President Foote coming down to visit and do some activities with all of us down here in Antsirabe. Then that evening we had a special visitor with us, Elder Razafimandimby (my last companion) came down from Fianarantsoa with Elder Obioma to attend the activity with us so he wanted to go visit some people that he had taught when he was here so we stopped by a few houses.

Wednesday I went on my first split of the week with Elder Heo (pronounced huh) and we had a great day. Elder Heo was trained by Elder Pinson (one of my former companions) and he is just a great person to be around, always smiling and looking for somthing to laugh about.

Then Friday I went on my other split with Elder Hull who only has one transfer left when this one ends. We had a great day; talking about great important things like pokemon(:P), life after the mission ect. Even though we taught a lot of lessons one that I really do want to talk about is about this couple and their family called Rivo and Fara. In our previous lesson we had learned about Joseph Smith while touching a bit on the Book of Mormon, ending with a baptisimal invitation which then declined, wanting to think more about. I come back with Elder Hull and we focus the entire lesson on the why, why is the Book of Mormon important and why we have to read it.

There have been many times on my mission where I have felt the Spirit but this time was one of the strongest and I knew that the entire family felt it as well, they were all quite and contemplative, seriously thinking about what we were saying to them. We bore our testionies to them and there was such a great feeling in the room. We again asked them if they would follow Christs example and be baptized, to which they replied that they had already been baptized in another church, was it ok to be baptized again?

I tell them that it is indead fine to be baptized again if the first one was not done by the authority of the Priesthood. I shared Mathew 5:22-23 about authority, Mathew 16:19 on how that authority was given to the Apostles,and tied it into Joseph Smith restoring the priesthood again. Finally I told them "really this all relies on Joseph Smith being a true prophet, if he is real then our message is correct, if not then all that we have said is false. So how can we know that Joseph truly was a prophet?" The answer to that; read the book. At that point they just got it and promised to read and to pray, great lesson.

Last thing, Saturday we had two of our investogators be inerviewed for baptism and they both passed! They will be baptized on this up coming Saturday.

We had an amazing week, it was just awesome. Lets all strive for another one, love you guys!

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment