"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, June 15, 2015

First Week of Training

Hello again everyone, I hope that you have had great week as my has definetaly been interesting.

Monday: We took it kind of slow so that Elder Munanira could pack for Tamatave.

Tuesday we were able to go work for a tiny bit with another elder named Elder Wootan because he was also getting trasfered and would just go with us that evening to the office. It went ok and we got everything and everyone to the office on time. The dinner for departing missionaries was still going on so we got to talk with Elders Herring, Stringfellow, Tiu, and Kelsch who were being transfered from Tamatave (aside from Elder Kelsch), it was great to just talk for a bit. I also got to see Elder Connault for a bit before he left which really made my evening. Then Elder Glazier (from my group and is also training) took me to his house to do a split until Wednesday evening.

Well the split went very well; we taught a person from the Gendermie(?) who seemed to be super interested, taught english, and went to the AP's that evening. I had a great time with Elder Glazier, just love the guy. That night we got to meet all of the trainees, there were four in total, and the were all super cool, it was a bit weird to think that I was gong to take one of them home and that I was responsible for getting him ready and knowing how to be a missionary, there is a lot of weight on your shoulders when you get a trainee.

Thursday we had the training meeting, delicious breakfast and lunck from Sister Adams and I found out who my trainee is... Elder Tshuma from Johannesburg South Africa. He is a really cool guy and just loves serving and wants to be the best missionary possible.

The rest of the week was full of helping Elder Tshuma into the rhythm of being in the field, teaching, and on Sunday Elder Tshuma bore his testimony in church and it was pretty good, just glad to have him here.

That is about it for this week, hope you all have a great one,

Elder Nelson



Elder Tshuma from Johannesburg South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment