"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, June 8, 2015

What is going on here?! Big news

Is it really another week? Well lets get on it, I have a LOT of news to share.

On Tuesday we had another visit with Remy, I can just see that he loves to learn. He is always very attentive as we teach and asks questions (which I love) when he doesn't understand. He still hasn't come to church but when we stopped by his house quickly he said "ya I didn't come to church but I know I should but I had stuff to do". At least he recognizes that he needed to come to church so that is a step in the right direction.

Wednesday we had a day just filled with an amazing Zone Conference, the last with President Adams. We discussed on that we should not blame our areas but find the things that we are doing that are preventing us from reaching our goals. We also discussed something called the "4th Missionary"; it is a talk from 2002 that discusses four levels of missionaries which just is ment to inspire and propel each missionary to reach that fourth level (also we got lunch from Sister Adams which may have made the day a lot better).

So story time. One time there was a young missionary named Elder Nelson. He had just finished work for the day and had gotten on the taxi be home. Only the aisle seats were open which usually is not a problem but that day was different. As this young elder sat down he sees that he is right in the middle of four semi drunk and  progressively getting drunker friends. Usually when this happens and they notice a semi large white person on a taxi be they can't help but talk to him, not because they are interested in the message he carries but to try and get a good laugh. As this goes on, them asking questions and Elder Nelson respectively answering he thinks "I really do want to talk to you, I really do, but anything I say to you now will not help you. I want to talk and share but the way you are now is preventing me from doing so". Stangly during this Elder Nelson realizes that this is how the Holy Ghost must be like; he wants to testify to us so bad yet the way we are, whether it being hard headed, engrossed in some for of sin, ect. prevents the Spirit from performing its job. So spiritual thought for the day is let us all try a little better to create and environment in our own ways to enable the Spirit to testify and teach. It is always there and willing but it is up to us to be ready to recieve it.

So a little news for us all. Last night (Sunday) was transfer night and as such we were all waiting for transfer news. When it arrived I got a little, amazing but very nerve wracking, piece of news. Not only am I staying in Ampefiloha (thats not weird I already knew that) but I will also be "drum roll" TRAINING! So for the next three months I will be teaching and helping a new missionary learn the ropes, the rules, the language, everything. I am so excited to be training but like I said before, very nervous. Also in case you were all wondering Elder Munanira is being transfered to Tamatave, he is going to have a great time and I am so happy for him.

That is about it for this week, keep up the good work everyone. See you all next week,

Elder Nelson


Random little parade while at work, they even had some band instruments and I have to say I broke down a little; asked and recieved one of the guys trumpets for a quick sec, it felt so good


No comments:

Post a Comment