"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week of member splits

Hey everyone! This was such a strange week, my companion hasn't come yet so this entire week I was on splits with members! It was way cool and Elder Bowen should be coming tomorrow, lets keep our fingers crossed.

For most of the week I was with  a young man named Bienvenue and he was a huge help, he was able to go with me almost every single day.

 Early in the week we tracted into a man named Roger, great guy and set up a time for us to come back. We get there and strike up some small talk, just to get to know him better and turned out that he doesn't really have a church that he attends but still believes in God. As we were talking I had strangest, most random urge to challege this man to baptism, someone that I had just met!

I'll admit that I was a bit scared and nervous but the thought persisted and I decided to go along with it. We came to a point where I asked him "do you believe that God can answer our prayers?" he responded " yes, I do". I proceeded to tell him "as missionaries we strive to help us to come unto Christ and part of that process is being baptised so will you, after having been answered by God that this message is good and will bless your life, be baptised?". He took some time to think and I could see that he was nervous about what I had said but he took a deep breathe and told me "after I have learned more and know that this is true I will be baptised".

This was such an amazing thing that happened and it was great being able to follow a prompting of the Spirit. This type of event is a great constant reminder that God knows all of us and what we are ready to handle, Roger was ready to commit and I am so excited to see where it goes.

We had the Malagasy Independance Day this past weekend so not many people were home but as I was with another member help named Angelo we managed to to tract into a home of a family which in and of itself is a small miracle. As we were talking one of their sons comes into the room with a small little blue book, a Book of Mormon. I was way surprised by that especially as the book was given around two years ago by Elder Garcia. But apparently their younger brother learned with the missionaries in the past but stopped but I am very excited to continue on with this family.

Ok everyone, that will have to be it for this week, love you all and keep at it everyone and have a good week!
Elder Nelson

























































No comments:

Post a Comment