"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, July 4, 2016

Wohoo, I got a companion! Also baptisms!

Hey everyone, how has everyones week gone so far? The week was awesome especially since I finally got my companion! Elder Bowen pulled into town Tuesday night around 8:30pm which is unusually late for the buses but he got here just fine.

The following day we got right to work and just hit the area hard. There were some people that I had not been able to stop by and visit since our trip to Antsirabe so we went to check in with everyone. One of them was George and Oddette and sadly George is not doing so well, he has gotten way sick and when we stopped by he was resting and sleeping so we let him rest though he could use some prayers if everyone could spare them.

I have been having a great time with Elder Bowen so I'll tell you a bit about him; he is from Fresno California, been on the mission a year, loves volleyball, a bit on the short side but just works hard all the time which I love. When we go tracting he doesn't complain but keeps his head up and goes right with it which is just amazing, if my companion can work hard then we won't have any problems.

This last Saturday and Sunday was just great as one of my most favorite people in the world, called Adonis, got baptized and I had the privilege of baptising him! It was an amazing service, even though the water was just a tiny bit chilly. Sunday was our fast and testimony meeting and during the meeting Adonis turns to me and asks "is it ok if I go up and bear my testimony?" obviously it was fine so he went up and bore an amazing testmony,I just love the guy.

That baptism was such a good end to the week and it was made even better that we are still getting so many more investigators coming; Adonis' family, a young man named Abdela, and a new investigator named Roger all came to church last Sunday, times like that really makes the mission amazing.

Hope everyone had a great week, keep going everyone and remember that God is aware of everyone, there is not one person whom He does not love, love you all!
Elder Nelson

ps I took pictures but my USB won't fit in the computer, next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment