"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, April 25, 2016

I got kissed by a lemur!

Hey again, welcome to Monday, I can't wait to share with you all how our week went!

Monday we went to a lemur park called "Ambonimanga Rova" where we got to see some amazing animals from Madagascar, one that I loved was a chameleon that literally looked like a leaf ( I have a picture of it, see if you all can find it). While heading to the park we passed some Malagasy's doing something called "mively vary" which means to "tread out rice" or banging bundles of rice against an oil drum and "knocking out" the rice from them to then be dried. So being the good missionaries that we are ( and also seeing a good chance to learn a bit and participate in the culture) we offered our services to help knock out all of the rice, way cool experience and the people thought that it was ridiculous that white guys were joining in.

Probably my favorite thing from Tuesday was having a dinner appointment with one of our recent convert family, Jocelyn and his family. They are doing great and I love being able to chat with them and help strengthen them in their conversion to the church.

Thursday we had Zone Meeting and I got to translate the entire meeting into Malagasy for one of my good friends Elder Razafindresetra. It was a. very hard but doable and b. just so amazing to now be able to do that, truly a blessing.

Now a very sad thing from this week. Last Friday we stopped by at Faly's home, recently we had been having trouble meeting with him and having him come to church. As we entered into the house we were told that a member had apparently been very rude to Faly while at church which caused him to lose confidence for awhile. It was so saddening to be told that as we were the ones that had brought him there but he told us that he would continue reading the Book of Mormon and praying and if he wanted to learn again that he would find us.

Lastly for this week I think would be about one of our referals named Miarintsoa. She is just amazing and is making great progress; she has already come to church multiple times, is starting to read the Book of Mormon, and has a great desire to learn as she sees just home this message could truly bless her and her upcoming marriage.

I just want to say that I am happy that I am here and serving, there is nothing more rewarding that serving others in the name of Christ and I am so great full for that. Have a great week everyone and I will see you all next time,
Elder Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment