"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, May 23, 2016

Fianarantsoa is so dang COLD!!!!

Hey everyone! It is yet another Monday and sounds like you all are doing great and so are Elder Schnoor and I, just enjoying the work here and being frozen alive, as you see in the title it is very cold here (I have avtually been wearing a hoodie and sweat pants to bed for the first time in like two years very strange but warm).

So I am again running low on time but a small update on George and Oddette. We taught them twice this week, once with and without Oddette, and the time without her was just amazing. George told us from the very beginning that he is a man of very little faith and wanted to know what faith really was and how he could grow it. Our entire lesson changed and it was one of the most spiritual ones that I have ever had. We shared some scriptures concerning faith with him and especially how doing small things such as scripture reading and prayer grow faith. At the end both Elder Schnoor and I shared such amazing testimonies and we both felt the spirit strongly there. George ended up comitting himself; rather than having us ask him, to begin soing those small and simple things, he truly wants to have faith grow in him.

Last night one of our progressing investigators named Jerry had us over to his house to begin teaching his family and we caught two of his sisters there. They are all very nice and the lesson again was great, they all truly listened and tried to learn. Times like that make it great to be a missionary, I just love it.

I just want to say, as I told George, that I am so glad that we have the gospel. I know that if anyone follows what it teaches that they will recieve peace and joy in their lives because of that.

Love you all and wish everyone a merry week, ha!
Elder Nelson

































No comments:

Post a Comment